A hope for the upcoming struggle

I've been pretty concerned (and vocally so) to my friends within the PCA regarding Revoice. I've been pretty concerned (and vocally so) to my session and local church leadership regarding Revoice.

At some point I may share the letter's I've exchanged with my session, or some iteration of them if others should want to benefit from asking similar form type questions. However today I've already had several emails and messages that are encouraging regarding PCA leadership taking action in regards to Revoice.

While my own local presbytery (Missouri Valley Presbytery) detailed an extensive report (that was an update from a 1994 paper), another presbytery in Florida has also been taking actions towards resolution of controversy surrounding the rampant spread of various teachings on human sexuality (See study from Florida here).

After reading the questions from the Florida Presbytery I think there is a template there for local church members to ask for clarification from their local sessions what is believed and taught in the local church regarding the topics at hand.

I also was sent over the weekend by several sources, a talk given by Dr. Rosetta Butterfield the week prior to the Revoice conference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVjj_dDAxLA&feature=youtu.be


Today, I'm encouraged that there are voices with authority ordained by God, and voices with great amounts of personal testimony, that are willing to sound the alarm bell that something worth fighting over is being quickly assumed as historically Christian.

Make no mistake, if the positions the Florida Presbytery has put forward is taken as a cause multiple presbyteries also affirm - we are seeing the beginning of a debate that must be had on a national level with the potential for great unifying affirmations, or split inducing distinctions.

Comments

Popular Posts