I wrote a letter to my session - and other things [RE] Revoice

---If you are looking for resources or quotes to the specific Revoice general sessions - scroll to the bottom---

This weekend in St. Louis there was a conference.

This conference caused me (and some others) to have concerns regarding the contents of the teaching that was taking place. On Friday night last week I gave some prescriptions based on my concerns as well as a desire to hear what was actually being said:

1. Listen and watch the livestream of the conference - not everyone can attend Revoice, but let's face it, we've all got internet access and revoice is going to do their best to make livestreaming and video on demand available for as much of the conference as possible.

2. Write a letter (email is OK too) to your local church leadership - your session, and pastoral staff. If you watch the conference and are encouraged the Lord is at work through the truth spoken - let your pastors and leaders know so that they too may have a chance to see where God is leading his people.

3. Write a letter (email is OK too) to your local church leadership - your session, and pastoral staff. If you watch the conference and are discouraged for the sake of the church in it's peace and purity through false teaching that is going on - let your pastors and leaders know so that they too may be on guard against the plots to harm God's people.

4. Read your bible - Lest anyone charm you with words of mans imagination, read your bible! God's word does not fail or falter! As the prophet Isaiah wrote 
"The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever."
Isaiah 40:8

So my wife and I did that this weekend. We've done our best to faithfully provide a reference point for the live streamed sessions that Revoice has made available via youtube. We've both watched the sessions live and re-watched the sessions. We've listened to the audio made available from PCA host pastor Greg Johnson (Which can be heard here).

Here are some of the actions I've taken based on my concerns and my excitement from this weekend.

1. I and my wife have listened to both General Session #2 and #3 and Greg Johnson's workshop.

2. I've written an email to my local church leaders of which I am a member voicing my excitement, concern, and asking for resources and guidance.

3. I've emailed many pastor's in the PCA that I have relationships with the videos and transcripts of Revoice.

4. I've gathered together to discuss with other members in the PCA in online formats (I usually use Discord or Teamspeak for VOIP) and face to face discussions (One of my brothers in Christ was willing to let me speak with him in his home late into the night).

5. I've got more meetings lined up in the coming days with others brothers and sisters in Christ to share in fellowship regarding concerns and excitement regarding Revoice and the PCA's involvement in it.

In closing on this topic (as I don't imagine I'll have much else to say publicly on the topic unto further actions take place) I'd like to encourage you. If you've got concerns, or are excited about the content of teaching or any of the circumstances surrounding Revoice - please please please write to your local elders and church staffers. I've learned (and experienced) much about forgiveness this weekend in trying to understand where the heart of God is at in the midst of my own local church, regional denomination, and part of Christ's Kingdom.

The devil loves to single out targets for sinful hatred, unjust wrath, and bitterness from among those who remove themselves from the fellowship and life of brothers and sisters in Christ. The devil also loves to keep the cross of Christ hidden, while magnifying the endless arguments of false religion. Join me and my wife as we pray to God almighty that his name might be praised in the midst of controversy.

FIRST HAND RESOURCES FROM REVOICE 2018


General Session 3 (Saturday Night) via Youtube 

Keynote speaker Session 3 (Saturday Night) via Revoice official Youtube

Written Transcript from General Session 3

Pastor Greg Johnson's workshop - AUDIO


Comments

Popular Posts